Salmon and Dill Macaroni
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/3 cups dried macaroni
- cooking oil pray
- 2 x 150g salmon steaks (300g in total), skin removed
- 375mL can 98.5% fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 40g baby spinach leaves
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbs dill, chopped
- Cook pasta following packet instructions or until tender. Drain and return to saucepan.
- Meanwhile, spray salmon with cooking oil. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add salmon and cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Use a fork to flake salmon into large pieces.
- Add milk and garlic to frying pan and simmer over low heat. Add macaroni and cook, stirring, for one minute or until hot. Remove from heat. Stir in the spinach, onions, dill and salmon until spinach just wilts. Divide between four bowls and serve.
Read more about the health benefits of salmon for your liver.
Picture sourced from: http://www.healthyfood.co.nz