Pumpkin and spinach salad
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30
- 600g butternut pumpkin, deseeded, peeled, cut into wedges
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs honey, extra
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 x 150g pkt baby spinach leaves
- 1 x 75g pkt toasted pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the pumpkin in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil and honey. Season with salt and pepper. Gently toss until the pumpkin is well coated. Place in a single layer on the lined tray.
- Bake, turning once during cooking, for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle evenly with the sesame seeds. Return to oven and bake for 5 minutes or until the seeds are lightly toasted. Remove from oven and set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
- Combine the lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, mustard and extra honey in a screw-top jar and shake until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the pumpkin, spinach and pine nuts in a large bowl. Drizzle with the dressing and gently toss until just combined. Serve immediately.
Read more about the health benefits of pumpkin and spinach for your liver.
Photo sourced from: thewhoot.com.au