Grilled salmon with peach salsa
- 3 peaches, pitted, halved
- 1 large red capsicum, cut in half and seeded
- 2 tbs canola or grapeseed oil, divided
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped coriander
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tsp honey
- zest of lime
- 450g salmon fillets, cut into 4 equal-sized pieces
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat grill to medium heat. brush peaches and red capsicums with 1 tbs oil. Grill peaches for 4 minutes per side. Grill red capsicums until slightly charred all over, turning every 2 minutes. Remove from grill and let cool.
- In a medium-sized bowl, toss together red onion, jalapeno, coriander, mint, honey and lime zest and juice. Remove skin from cooled peaches (it will slip off). Chop peaches; stir into onion mixture.
- Brush both sides of the salmon fillets with remaining oil, then season with sea salt. Grill for 5 minutes per side (skin side down first) or until flesh is light pink throughout and flakes easily. Serve with peach salsa.
Read more about the health benefits of salmon for your liver.
Picture sourced from: http://foodgawker.com