Beef, broccoli and snow pea stirfry
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 250g cooked Hokkien egg noodles
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 400g rump steak, sliced
- 1 medium brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 100g snow peas, ends and strings removed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1/2 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chilli sauce
- Prepare noodles following packet directions. Heat oil in pan, stir-fry beef in two batches, set aside and keep warm.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger, cooking until onion is translucent. Add broccoli, snow peas and water, cooking until vegetables soften. Return beef to pan. In a small bowl combine water, cornflour and sauces. Stir through beef and vegetables and allow to bubble and thicken.
Variation: Substitute 400g lean pork leg steak for beef. Add other vegetables e.g. chinese cabbage, bok choy and sliced carrots.
Read more about the health benefits of broccoli for your liver.
Picture sourced from: http://www.taste.com.au